I picked up a Nokia 6265i from the local Bluegrass Cellular Store last week. So far, I’ll have to say I’m pretty impressed.
I always told myself I would never get a slider phone, but once I used this one for a few minutes, it grew on me. For most functions that do not require input, you can just leave the keypad slid away. You can go into your last calls list and logs just using the main buttons on the top section of the slide which are the left/right option keys, call, end call, the 4 way directional pad, and the enter button in the middle of the pad.
To make a call to someone not in the phonebook or logs, just slide it open, dial the number, then slide it closed (make sure your options allow the slide to close without hanging up, it was set that way default on mine).
The camera in it is 2 megapixel and produces 1600×1200 images.
Here is the first picture I took, in my car, on the way back to work. Click for the original.
Overall the menu system sometimes seems a bit sluggish, but everything works fine.
I give this device a 7.5 out of 10. Battery life could be better as well as more accessories be available for it.
Here are the basic specs of the phone:
- Modes: AMPS 850 / CDMA 850 / CDMA 1900 carrier-dependent
- Weight: 4.44 oz (126 g)
- Dimensions: (Closed) 3.86″ x 1.89″ x 0.87″ (98 x 48 x 22 mm)
- Form Factor: Slide
- Battery Life Talk: 3.50 hours (210 minutes)
- Standby: 288 hours (12 days)
- Battery Type LiIon 1070 mAh
- Display Type: 240 x 320 pixels LCD (Color TFT/TFD) 262,144 colors (18-bit)
- Memory 23 MB (built-in), I added a 512mb Mini SD
You must log in to post a comment.